Trump asserts that a president can do whatever he wants. Therefore, an autocratic democrat president could block the social security checks of registered Republicans. They might refuse the use of bridges and roads to those who denied his election was legitimate. He could also eliminate the freedoms in the Constitution that he doesn’t agree with. Retribution has no place in government. Autocracy is the end of freedom.
A FEW OF THE FASCIST ACTIONS TRUMP HAS PROMISED TO TAKE IF RE- ELECTED:
- Will use the DOJ to prosecute those who have publicly criticized him. He is naming his targets.
- He would use military power and federal law enforcement to suppress peaceful political protest.
- He would use emergency powers to seize control of the election or challenge or overturn the results
- Assert the power to outlaw speech critical of him by controlling media content.
- Will govern with “absolute power” and bypass rulings by the courts and Congress.
- Will appoint unqualified loyalists to serve in his administration.
- Would pardon himself if convicted of crimes he has been indicted for.
Trump used his cult-leader style of speech to convince Iowans he would take care of their state’s needs. He failed them, so why do they believe he cares about them? Here’s how he blew it for IOWA while he was president:
- Trump’s biofuel policies hurt Iowa by prioritizing the oil industry’s bottom line over protecting the environment and Iowans.
- President Trump broke his promise to Iowa’s leaders and allowed oil refineries to use a “significantly less” amount of ethanol under the Renewable Fuel Standard.
- Iowa exports fell by hundreds of millions of dollars in 2018.
- Americans paid the aid that Iowa’s farmers needed, which was $28 million dollars to recoup some of the money farmers lost as a result of Trump’s trade war with China.
- Iowa farmers lost about $2 billion annually as a result of Trump’s trade wars with Mexico, China and other countries.
- Under Trump, farm bankruptcies soared by 20% in 2019, hitting the highest rate in years.
- Trump proposed cuts to agriculture programs every single year he was president.