- What happened to the separation of church and state?
- What happened to individual freedoms supported by the 14th the Amendment?
- What about a Supreme Court ignoring 50 years of legal precedent?.
- What about the men who, with their partners, do not want a pregnancy to go forward?
- What about women dying from ectopic pregnancies?
- Why is protecting a right to carry a gun that kills more important than the right to have control over one’s healthcare choices and reproductive rights?
- Do you see the hypocrisy in grieving for the unformed, unborn, and yet protecting the right for any wacko, hateful person to own an assault rifle which is responsible for being the #1 cause of death of children in America?
- How about government forced vasectomy reversals if a man’s partner wants the sex they have to lead to the birth of a child?
DOESN’T FORCED VASECTOMIES SOUND BARBARIC? DOESN’T THAT FEEL ILLEGAL? THESE LAWS WOULD BE IDENTICAL TO ABORTION BANS AND FORCED PREGNANCIES BECAUSE THEY TAKE AWAY A MAN’S RIGHT TO REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM AND AUTONOMY OVER HIS BODY. IF THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO TELL WOMEN WHAT CONTRACEPTION THEY CAN OR CAN’T USE, WHY CAN’T THE GOVERNMENT CONTROL WHEN A MAN CAN OR CAN’T IMPREGNATE A WOMEN? WHY SHOULDN’T THE GOVERNMENT DECIDE WHEN OR IF A MAN CAN REVERSE HIS VASECTOMY?
In 1729, writer Jonathan Swift wrote a satircal essay called, “A Modest Proposal” which suggested the poor Irish should sell their children for food. He emphasized this proposal would burden poor Irish families from worrying about how they would be able to take care of their children and solve the overpopulation problem in Ireland. The goal was to expose the greed and apathy of the wealthy class of the time.
WILL THE VASECTOMY PROPOSAL WAKE UP THE EVANGELICALS, THE OLD WHITE CHRISTIAN MEN, AND THE OPPORTUNISTIC REPUBLICAN MEMBERS OF CONGRESS TO SEE THE CRUELTY AND DANGER OF ABORTION BANS? WILL THEY UNDERSTAND THE SATIRE THAT IS REMINISCENT OF SWIFT’S ESSAY AND STOP THE ASSAULT ON WOMEN’S LIVES, HEALTHCARE, AND FREEDOMS?