In the aftermath of his indictment yesterday, Trump put out a propaganda message about how he is a victim of a politicized attack on him by the corrupt left who wants to destroy the American democracy. Trump has relied on using gaslighting to escape accountability for his assault on the rule of law throughout his presidency. Like many sociopathic autocrats, Trump’s lawlessness has escalated and evidence of his probable guilt in many crimes has emboldened the justice system to hold him accountable. Trump has been disrespecting democracy for 6 years by committing fraud, spreading propaganda, breaking American political norms and values and befriending dictators.
Trump admired Richard Nixon. His respect for him increased after the Watergate scandal. Political analysts speculate that Trump admired Nixon’s attempt to influence the presidential election process in his favor by supporting the break-in of the democrats headquarters at the Watergate Hotel. Despite proof that Nixon committed crimes against the United States democratic process, Trump’s perception of the presidency aligns with Nixon’s famous quote, ” if the president does it, it isn’t illegal.”
Trump’s allies have suspiciously defended Trump throughout his destructive pattern of attacks on the Constitution and American values. They are now declaring his indictment as an attack on democracy without even knowing what the charges against him are. They are labeling the indictment and the justified investigations as witch hunts because Trump insists any accusation of him is a lie. Are his allies and supporters forgetting the other crimes Trump has already been accused of or convicted of committing? Thus far the government has failed in their duty to hold Trump accountable for his criminal behaviors. Not holding him accountable has emboldened Trump to expand on spreading disinformation and using violent rhetoric against his opponents. These proven criminal facts strengthen the probability of Trump’s guilt in the Stormy Daniels case and the other potential charges from the New York grand jury. These are facts;
- The Trump Organization convicted of tax fraud
- Trump University convicted of defrauding students
- Trump Charity found guilty of fraud. Trump family barred from running another charity in New York.
- Found to have committed ten counts of obstruction of justice in the Mueller Report
- Accused of rape and defamation by columnist E Jean Carroll in the 1990s in a department store dressing room.
- Under investigation for stealing and hiding classified documents at Mara-a-Lago
- Lied under oath in a written deposition with Robert Mueller