The House passed bills this week that pandered to the base and did nothing for the American people. “The House voted 220 to 210, with one vote of “present” on a bill that would require an infant born alive during an abortion to receive medical care and to criminalize abortion providers who fail to provide medical care to born-alive infants.” (Wall Street Journal, Jan. 11, 2023). The bill, titled “the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act was criticized by House member Dr. Nancy Mace who said the bill is ridiculous because “murdering babies alive doesn’t happen, it isn’t a thing.” Despite her negative opinion about the bill, Mace voted for it anyway. The House also passed a bill protecting anti-abortion centers against violence while mentioning nothing to protect the violence against clinics that perform abortions. McCarthy and his surrogates are out of touch with the fact that 60% of Americans support the right for women to obtain an abortion. The House isn’t a serious legislative body. It’s a messaging center for alt-right ideology.
The other bill that passed is titled the ‘Family and Small Business Taxpayer Protection Act,” and has no substance. It touts the falsehood that middle Amerca will see their tax liability increase unless this bill passes. This is false messaging from Republican lawmakers and the conservative media to distract from their agenda that favors the rich. Senate majority leader Chuck Schumer assures Americans these bills will die in the Senate.
Listening to McCarthy, the swampiest, most hypocritical creature in government talk cringeworthy. He can’t stop emasculating himself by publically kissing Trump’s ass and projecting onto others the exact crimes and abhorrent behaviors Trump has committed. He is a cliched version of a shallow, power- hungry politician who oozes dishonesty and panders to whoever will keep him in office. His ickiness is a major repellent to those women who are the opposite of Marjorie Taylor Green.
Here is Trump’s resume of crimes, violations of the Constitution, and indecencies describing a man who unfit for office. McCarthy’s support of Trump should disqualify him and the MAGA members that control him:
- His company, Trump Organization, was convicted of tax fraud and fined $1.6 million
- The Trump Charity was found guilty of fraud and forced to close
- Trump University was found guilt of fraud and ordered to repay the students he scammed
- He stole hundreds of documents from the White House, hid them at Mara-a-Lago, and refused to return them to the government claiming they were his to keep.
- He was impeached for withholding military aide to Ukraine in an attempt to force President Zelenskyy to investigate his opponent, Joe Biden during the 2016 election process.
- He was impeached a 2nd time for instructing an armed mob of rioters to go to the Capitol to stop the certification of Joe Biden’s presidential victory.
- He lied about the 2020 election being stolen from him by rampant fraud that did not exist.
- He tried to overturn the 2020 election in Georgia by asking the Secretary of State to find him enough votes to win.
- The Jan. 6th House Select Committee has recommended the DOJ indict him for colluding with allies to insert fake electors to steal the electoral college votes Joe Biden won.
- He lied under oath in a written deposition to Robert Mueller during the Russia investigation.
- He referred to the attorney general, William Barr as ” his attorney” and instructed him to protect his allies accused of federal crimes.
- He ordered peaceful Black Lives Matter protestors to be tear-gassed
- He politicized the military by requesting they match with him and stage a photo op protest during the BLM protest in Washington DC
- He misused campaign fund from donors for personal use
- He broke campaign finance laws by paying hush money to pirn star Stormy Daniels.
- Throughout his presidency he refused to denounce white supremacist groups and showed appreciation for their support.
- He lied about his taxes being in audit and refused to release his tax returns. Ultimately, the courts them released and they are under investigation for potential tax evasion.
- He aligned himself with dangerous dictators and enemies of the Inited States while alienating allies.
Thes actions by Trump are undeniably true. They are proven by his admission, video or audio evidence, and eyewitness testimony. Is it Trump who hijacked the Republican Party or are the real criminals the members of Congress and the gullible electorate who enable his lunacy?