- Barring the Trumps from conducting business in New York for a minimum of 5 years
- Pursuing $250 million recoverynofbill-gotten profits
- Appointment of an independent monitor to “oversee compliance, financial reporting, valuations, and disclosures to l enders, insurers, and tax authorities for at least five years.
- Accusations of fraudulent activity to receive more favorable loan terms than would have otherwise been available, pay lower taxes, and induce insurance companies to provide coverage for higher limits at lower premiums.” ( Business Insider, Sept. 21, 2022)
James also claims Trump violated federal law, and she is making a referral to the Southern District of NY and The IRS. This lawsuit gets closer to holding Trump legally responsible for breaking the rules than any other action executed against him in the past. Although Trump supporters don’t care about Trump committing financial fraud, insurrection, spreading disinformation, obstructing justice, stealing classified information, and aligning with enemy dictators, the justice system does care and refuses to treat Trump as if the rule of law does not apply to him. James also declined to give Trump’s adult kids a pass from being held responsible for the fraud committed by the Trump Organization. The arrogance of the entire Trump family is pathological, and this lawsuit may be the beginning of the end of this undeserving family crime family.
- The 11th Circuit (in Footnote 4 of its ruling) explicitly poured cold water on the idea that the FBI raid was designed solely to harass Trump:
- The 11th Circuit absolutely eviscerated Judge Cannon’s finding that the prospect of facing criminal prosecution was a harm from which Trump deserved protection:
- The 11th Circuit literally held that none of the relevant factors favored granting Trump his injunction:
- The 11th Circuit also flamed Judge Cannon’s attempt to split the baby by holding that the intelligence community could continue the national security review of the 100 documents bearing classified markings, but the FBI could not do any criminal work with those documents:
- The 11th Circuit also affirmed the Justice Department’s argument that allowing the Special Master—or Trump’s defense team—to review the 100 documents bearing classified markings would be an “irreparable harm” to the United States.
- the 11th Circuit basically held that the DOJ had already satisfied the most important element of an eventual prosecution under the Espionage Act (18 USC Section 793(d).
There are hundreds of public statements Trump has made that illustrate his opportunistic hypocrisy and pathological lying. Americans used to reject candidates for elected office that have proven to be liars or corrupt. However, the cult of Trump has brainwashed millions of people who become attracted to cult leaders because they love the high of blindly worshipping a charismatic person with an ideology that promotes feelings of superiority and makes grandiose promises.