Regarding the hypocrisy on the pro-life issue of right-wing conservatives, Comedian George Carlin pointed out years ago that;
“these conservatives are really something, aren’t they? They’re all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you’re born, you’re on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you. They don’t want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re preborn, you’re fine; if you’re preschool, you’re f–cked.”
Policies that address improving and preserving children’s lives once they are born are not a top priority for conservative, religious-right Republicans. They don’t hold demonstrations to support the rights and needs of children. But they demonstrate in the thousands for the unborn. Their genuine passion for preserving unborn life is a religious notion about what they think God’s position is on protecting an unviable fetus that is unintentionally conceived or caused by rape or incest. As Carlin astutely asked, “doesn’t the physical survival or emotional well-being of a woman and her life matter? Why would the rights of the unborn supersede a women’s right to protect her health or decide whether she is ready or capable of having, raising, and supporting a child? Pro-life female advocates are not volunteering to have fetuses transplanted into their wombs to birth them. Pro-choice couples are not volunteering to adopt and help children born to 14-year-old rape victims because their passion for life seems to stop when living begins outside the womb, and costs and responsibilities become realities.
The hypocrisy of MAGA Trump Christians extends beyond the issue of abortion. They proclaim Trump’s anti-abortion position is the reason they love him. However, they support his other anti-Christian behaviors and attitudes, which exposes their characterological and philosophical alignment with him. In 2016, Christopher Pieper, a journalist for the Dallas News, wrote an article declaring:
“10 reasons you can’t be a Christian and vote for Donald Trump”
“One cannot really love Jesus and wish to follow him and also vote for a person who so clearly embodies the opposite of everything Christ taught, died for and demands of us.”
The ten character and value deficits journalist Pieper concludes Trump exhibits are:
- Lack of compassion: Bible says, ” clothe yourself in compassion and kindness” (Colossians 3:12)
- Appeals to anger and fear: ” If you are angry with your brother or sister, you will be liable to judgment” ( Matthew 5:22)
- Enamored with greatness and ego, no concern for ” goodness” or ” service.” ” Blessed are the merciful, for they will receive mercy” ( Matthew 5:8)
- Lies a lot: Bible says, ” a lying mouth destroys the soul”. (Wisdom 1:11).
- Hostile towards women: Bible says, “Get rid of anger, wrath, and slander from your mouth” (Collossians 3:8)
- Speaks in a disrespectful, sexualized voice to his daughter, Bible says, “Do you have daughters? Do not show yourself too indulgent with them”. (Sirach 7:24)
- Does not attempt to love his enemies, but instead cultivates antagonism, Bible says, “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you”. (Matthew 5:43).
- Doesn’t model sacrifice or altruism. Bible says, “But many who are first will be last, and last will be first”. ( Matthew 5:43)
- Doesn’t seem to care about the poor. Bible says, ” If you wish to be perfect, go sell your possessions and give the money to the poor”. ( Matthew 19:21).
- Love of money is more apparent than his love of God or others. Bible says, “You cannot serve God and money”. ( Matthew 6:24).
The acts of coldness, cruelty, and vengence taken by Trump proves there is something pathologically wrong with his character. The support of his targeted attempts to ruin peoples reputations and diminish the quality of life for those trying to escape from harm or poverty is inexcusable. The blind loyalty he demands is corrupt and the retaliations he pursues when he doesn’t get the loyalty pledge is mob-like behavior beneath the office of the president. Indisputable examples of his un- Christian acts have been constant throughout his business and political career.
He has demonstrated a lack of compassion for Hispanic immigrants and refugees by separating families at the border. He incited an aggressive, anti-democracy attack on the Capitol aimed ating stealing the 2020 presidential election he lost. He has made inappropriate comments about his daughter Ivanka’s looks and sexuality. He shows no public humility but instead constantly brags about himself and puts others down. He has told over 20,000 lies. Two of them, The COVID lies and the ” stop the steal” lie, resulted in the needless loss of American lives. He has publically called women pigs and dogs. He aggressively attacks opponents, implying violence would be acceptable and has suggested killing innocent family members of adversaries. He is silent on issues of poverty and hunger. This former Studio 54 disco patron doesn’t like to hear about people’s problems. He shows no sign of altruism. Democrats twice impeached him for crimes against the Constitution. However, Republicans have chosen to abandon Christian values, and the importance people from all religions hold in their pursuit of power.
Christians are not supposed to worship to false idols. Authoritarian’s are great manipulators of the truth and the truth is: Trump is a false idol and the fakest Christian on earth.