All Americans must understand the threat to democracy that Steve Bannon, Donald Trump, and the MAGA wing of the GOP present. They defy democratic norms and laws, spread Russian- style propaganda, gaslight impressionable, needy Americans, govern to line their pockets with money from gullible followers, and collude with Americas enemies and weaken national security. Republicans! If you hate Democrats, do what Trump said and stay home on Election Day and don’t vote. If you hate Democratic policies that help the middle class, don’ t except the benefits they offer while wearing your MAGA hats. Better yet, support the two- party system, vote for Republicans like Reps. Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, or Ben Sasse who oppose the anti- democracy ” big lie”, reject conspiracy theories as “crazy”, and defend not violate the Constitution.
DEFINITIONS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIORS AND BELIEFS THAT CAN BE ATTRIBUTED TO TRUMP AND BANNON THAT THREATEN DEMOCRACY:
- Traitor-A person disloyal to it’s country.
- Treason- Attempt to overthrow, betray the government
- Anarchist- Fights for the abolishment of the state. Accepts no authority or hierarchy
- Racist- prejudice and marginalization of groups based on race or ethnicity
- Conspiracy theorist- unfounded belief that a person or organization of influence is responsible for a specific circumstance or event
- Narcissist- A person who has an excessive admiration for themselves and operates solely out of self interests
- Sociopath- A person who cannot understand other’s feelings. They break rules and play mind games without feeling guilt for the harm they cause. They are often perceived as charismatic and charming.
- Insurrection- a violent uprising against a government with the intent to overthrow it
The Anti- Defamation League has described Bannon as ” largely dismissive of traditional Republicans. Instead, he advocates a brand of American nationalism and wants to advance a “global populist movement” that will challenge the current political establishment in the U.S. and Europe.”
Bannon detests the establishment Republican party as much as he hates the Democrats, which he generalizes as all leftists. He was an organizer and supporter of the Tea Party movement and taught Trump the strategy of ousting Republicans from office who oppose the extreme conservatism ideology of the Tea Party. He served as Chief Strategist for Trump’s presidential campaign and lasted a short time in the administration before Trump tired of his high profile antics and media talk about him being the “shadow president.”
These are examples of statements Bannon has made which should motivate Attorney Merrick General Garland or prosecutors in New York to indict Bannon to protect our democracy:
- “Republicans, we are the platform for the alt-right”
- “Let them call you racists. Let them call you xenophobes. Let them call you nativists. Wear it as a badge of honor.”
- ” I want to build a vast network of European populists to demolish the Continent’s political establishment.”
- “I’m a Leninist. Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.”
- ” If you’re going to take over the administrative state and deconstruct it, then you have to have shock troops prepared to take it over immediately,” Bannon said in a telephone interview with NBC News. “I gave ’em fire and brimstone.”
The Jan. 6th committee is going after all the facts leading up to the insurrection, especially related to Bannon and Trump’s involvement. CNN Politics reports Rep. Liz Cheney, co-chair of the committee, announced:
“Bannon’s and Mr. Trump’s privilege arguments do appear to reveal one thing, however: they suggest that President Trump was personally involved in the planning and execution of January 6th,” Cheney said. And we will get you the bottom of that.”
Bannon and Trump, enabled by Republicans, are openly, admittedly out to deconstruct America. Trump supporters are being duped into supporting the rise of an American dictatorship.