The Republican Party has chosen to pursue a one-party government and to support an autocratic, corrupt, mentally unstable ex-president. By downplaying and justifying the insurrection as a patriotic act, Republicans have taken a hatchet to democracy. Senator Mitch McConnell is the unpatriotic leader of the movement to 100% reject bipartisanship. He defies the ideology behind the Founding Fathers which defines democracy as a blending of the ideologies of both the Republicans and Democrats. McConnell is an extremist, and extremism ultimately destroys a democracy and lessens individual freedoms.
The psychology of extremists and autocrats is simple; they are narcissists, sociopathic, dangerous, cruel and power-addicted. They espouse ideologies they care little about and that keeps them either popular with voters or terrifies people not to oppose them. Leaders who develop a hyperbolic style of spreading misinformation and propaganda often succeed at brainwashing masses of vulnerable , uniformed, passive or mentally disordered people. They become unrelenting in the demonization of their opponents as a strategy to solidify their power. This is an exact description of Trump and this short- list of some of his corrupt enablers;
- Senator Mitch McConnell
- Rep. Kevin McCarthy
- Rep.Marjorie Taylor-Greene
- Governor Ron DeSantis
- Governor Greg Abbott
- Senator Rand Paul
- Rep. Matt Gaetz
- Senator Marco Rubio
- Senator Lindsey Graham
- Rep. Paul Gosar
- Steve Bannon
- Senator Ted Cruz
- Rep. Jim Jordan
- ALL REPUBLICANS IN CONGRESS WHO ARE NOT PUBLICLY DENOUNCING THE “BIG LIE” AND WHO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT CONSPIRACY THEORIES AND THE CONSTANT BLATANT, AUTOCRATIC AGENDA OF THE ONE-TERM, TWICE IMPEACHED, HEAVILY INVESTIGATED, GLOBALLY DISCREDITED, RUSSIAN-BACKED FORMER PRESIDENT
The Department of Justice has charged over 600 people for crimes of violence, property damage of a federal building, and insurrection. Massive amounts of video exists of the Trump rioters beating Capitol And DC police officers, breaking into the Capitol, and making threats to ” get Nancy Pe!osi” and ” hang Mike Pence. Donald Trump is a violence- driven, hate-filled extreme narcissist who has organized a fear- based cult that has become a cancerous attack on democracy. Why else would so many military and political members of a president’s party organize a massive movement of opposition to the man and his ideology. Cult leaders do not have good endings. But the end of this cult must be the goal for both parties and all Americans who want to continue to live in a democratic America.
A FEW REMINDERS OF THE SCAMMING AND CORRUPTION BY TRUMP;
- His tax cut for the rich never paid for itself and ballooned the deficit by trillions of dollars
- He lied under oath in a deposition to Robert Mueller: A crime!
- He has not paid federal taxes proportionate to his income: a crime
- He cheated on his wife Melania with at least two women, one a porn star, the other a Playboy bunny
- He was a Democrat, friend of the Clinton’s and supported pro- choice.
- He invited Russian officials into the White House for meetings without transparency to the public
- He went bankrupt 4 times
- Incited an insurrection against the American democracy
- He lies about voter fraud to avoid facing that he lost re-election
- He has offered no evidence of his claim of a stolen election
- He destroys his opponents and eerily revels in the process
Attorney General Merrick Garland should have one goal:
INDICT DONALD TRUMP AND MEMBERS OF HIS FAMILY ON FELONY CHARGES THAT WILL BLOCK THEIR ABILITY TO HOLD POLITICAL OFFICE. Although there are other enemies of democracy like Steve Bannon, Mitch McConnell, and Kevin McCarthy, (and more), keeping Trump out of power is a must goal for the Department of Justice. No one is above the law. Hopefully, Garland will not pull a Mueller move and wimp out.