At his Ohio rally, Trump declared “we will never stop fighting for the true results of the 2020 election” which he referred to as “the crime of the century.” It is no wonder why many Trump supporters are said to be uneducated, simple-minded cultists. Could anything sound more stupid, desperate, or dangerous as the hysterical rantings of Donald Trump? He unleashed his greatest hits of attacks and grievances in a sad rerun of all that is left of his historically failed presidency. He has become a caricature of himself, sustained only by people who don’t want the season finale to end. But it is coming. Despite the denial of his loyal fans, the facts are there, on video, audio, and his defunct Twitter account.
REALITY CHECK ON THE INSURRECTION
- The attack on the Capitol by the mob he incited were Trump supporters, many of whom are members of white supremacist groups
- Many of these insurrectionists said they attacked the Capitol Bldg. to stop the certification of the election because Donald Trump told them to do it.
- Five people died as a result of the Capitol attack
- Officer Michael Fanone suffered a heart attack and traumatic brain injury as the result of being attacked by Trump-supporting rioters
- The mob was yelling “hang Mike Pence” and ” We’re coming to get you, Nancy.”
- 140 people, including DC and Capitol police, were beaten and injured at the insurrection
- Trump instructed the mob to ” go to the Capitol and fight like hell to take your country back.
REALITY CHECK ON ELECTION FRAUD CLAIMS
- Over 65 claims of election fraud made by Trump’s attorneys were thrown out of court by judges from both parties
- No physical evidence of fraud has been produced by Trump or his attorneys
- Even former, corrupt Attorney General William Barr has come out and said, no fraud of significance was found in the 2020 election. He has recently called Trump’s claims of fraud “bullshit”
- Every state Secretary of State has certified the legitimacy of the election count in their state
- The Supreme Court threw out the case claiming there was fraud in Pennsylvania
- Trump tried to commit the kind of fraud he is accusing Democrats of by asking the Georgia Secretary of State to find him exactly 1 more vote than Biden so he would win Georgia.
- To avoid the label of ” loser” and from having a toxic shame spiral in front of his fans, Trump invented a story or worse yet, believed the delusion that he lost because of fraud.
Trump’s psychopathology is so profound it has driven him to devote his first rally of the year to be an act of revenge against Ohio Rep. Anthony E. Gonzalez because he voted to impeach him. DC insiders and long-time Trump associates report Trump always has a hit list of people that he seeks to ruin. The scariest part is when you watch him threatening and disparaging people, he is enjoying it. He has vowed to campaign against all 10 Republicans who voted to impeach him, so like every mob- boss, criminal, or cartel czar, Trump seeks only vengeance, power, and money.
During his Ohio rally, he dog-whistled the racist part of his base by attacking Biden’s immigration policies and attacked the Supreme Court saying he is ashamed of the conservative court for denying his election fraud claims. What is wrong with people who believe one unqualified, dishonest man’s unproven word over legal professionals, election officials from both parties, Supreme Court justices, and state Secretary of state? Oh, right what explains adults giving blind loyalty to one person: BEING CAPTURED BY A CULT.
The lower-functioning members of Trump followers will excuse any of his crimes, even if indicted, found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and sent to prison. However, the remaining supporters are potentially reachable because they support him, not out of belief in him or liking him, but because they disdain Democrats. However, as these reachable Republicans scarf up the benefits of the programs that Biden is fighting for, they may at least abandon Trumpism and return to real conservatives who care about democracy.